This video tutorial shows how to use the new functions in Quilting Studio software to create Free Form Quilt Designs. You are not restricted to standard quilt sizes. You can place your quilt block anywhere, and at any size. You can even define your own patterns of your blocks.
Today, QuiltingStudio.com received a major upgrade. The new functions allow you:
- Make your quilt any dimensions, from 36 inches to 120 inches.
- Add any size border up to 12 inches wide.
- Place your quilt blocks anywhere on the quilt (by dragging and dropping)
- Re-size your quilt blocks to be anything from 6 inches to 40 inches wide.
- Change the angle of the blocks to be “on point” (45 degrees or any angle in 5 degree increments)
- Make your own pattern of the quilt block
To access these features, simply click on the “Free Form Quilt Layouts” tab at the top of the software. Learning to use these new functions will probably require another video tutorial. That will be coming soon. But feel free to start playing with it now.